A little about us
We're looking for an iOS or Android Developer to join our boutique software design and development agency. You may have used some of our work already; we created the award-winning mobile apps for the Obama campaign, and have built apps for some pretty big brands.
That said, we're a small, tight-knit team of designers and developers who collaborate on each project from start to finish.
Because we're so small, you'll have the freedom to be creative and solve problems your own way. With freedom comes responsibility, though, so it'll be up to you to nail the execution, all the way down to the fit & finish.
A little about you
You love design and have a strong sense of what looks good and works well. You're obsessed with details and getting the little things right, in your code and in the final product. You consider yourself to be a tireless advocate of the end-user.
But you also love code, and your CS fundamentals are strong (with or without a degree). You understand that performance is often what makes or breaks an experience. Low-memory warnings tremble before you, and your UIScrollViews glide like butter.
You're no stranger to integrating with remote APIs, love the word "RESTful", and your apps have never triggered a rate limit, and they've never inadvertently drained a battery.
After you solve a particularly tricky problem, you might even enjoy writing up your solution and sharing it with the world.
If this sounds like you, get in touch.
Director of Technology
thirteen23 is searching for a Director of Technology who can lead our
talented, multidisciplinary team, guiding its execution across a variety
of technologies, devices, and platforms.
The Director of Technology will be responsible for developing and
driving our technology strategy internally and in all our client
engagements. In this position you will be responsible for translating
business requirements into technical solutions that deliver on our
clients’ expectations and match the highest standard of quality.
The Director of Technology works closely with project leads and our
clients, coordinating technical efforts across our development team,
third-party vendors, and partners. As Director of Technology, you will
represent and direct thirteen23’s technology team through all phases of
a project from discovery to delivery.
This position will focus on the design and implementation of consumer
software and custom digital experiences. Experience working in the
creative industry is a plus but is not required. This is an ideal
position for someone who is comfortable with a smaller, agile
environment and is used to leading a technology practice.
Our work environment is casual and flexible with an emphasis on small
- Client-facing: represent company’s interests and technical
- Participate in business development, help create and review new
- Lead development of new contractual agreements, determine and
document terms and conditions
- Responsible for technical program management, requirements gathering,
technical analysis, and determining product strategy and solution
- Accountable for overall department P&L and ensuring work is scoped,
executed and delivered on schedule
- Capable of acting as a Technical Architect or Development Lead on
projects when necessary
- Plan and manage department staffing and resource allocation across
- Help manage internal processes, code reviews, facilitate learning and
- Develop detailed job descriptions and responsibilities for all
technology roles, clearly communicating expectations to individuals
in those roles
- Advanced degree in computer science, business, or engineering, or
- 7-10 years relevant experience in software application development
- Proven ability to act as a leader in a management role responsible
for small technology teams
- Experience implementing new processes and best practices in a
- Advanced knowledge and experience with object-oriented design
concepts, frameworks and patterns
- Expert level of knowledge in a wide-array of programming languages
and environments encompassing desktop, web, and mobile
- Strong experience with prototyping and iterative development
methodologies including Agile and Scrum approaches
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Active in the development community with experience speaking at
conferences or panels
- Ability to track relevant market trends and stay on top of emerging
- Candidate must live in or plan to relocate to Austin, Texas
To apply, contact Jeff Moon at
thirteen23 is looking for a visual designer with UX experience to become an important part of our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software design, a strong work-ethic, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Expert design skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are essential. Adobe AfterEffects and CSS3 are a plus. Successful candidates will have superb information design abilities, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate an almost unnatural attention to detail.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work on client-facing projects as well as in-house labs and applications. Typical responsibilities include visual design, information architecture, user interface design, interaction design, and graphic production. Candidates will be able to run with abstract ideas as well as apply an established design language to rough sketches and wireframes.
This is an ideal position for someone who is comfortable with a smaller creative environment and is used to working on multiple projects simultaneously. Our work environment is casual and flexible with an emphasis on small team collaboration.
Candidate must live in or plan to relocate to Austin, Texas. Please include your online portfolio URL.
thirteen23 is a strategic design consultancy and product incubator specializing in user interface design, visual design, rapid prototyping, and custom software development.
Based in Austin, Texas, thirteen23 works with clients around the world who share a passion for creating inspiring products and interactive experiences.
To apply, contact Jeff Moon at email@example.com.
Don’t see a position that fits your fancy? Don’t let that hold you back!
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team. Get in